St. Michael Poplar Springs Catholic Church: Sunday Mass at 10:30 am Live Stream on our YouTube page at https://bit.ly/2WMdnZB
Evening Prayer – 6:30pm https://www.facebook.com/StMichaelPoplarSprings/
Would you like to listen to the MASS OF RENEWAL by Stephen Curtis? If you wish to listen to the Acclamations used in our Masses please go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpQzIaHbUM
Update: March 25, 2020
As mandated by Governor Hogan and Archbishop Lori, the parish campus is closed to visitors. Including the small historic church building.
Parish staff is on telework, you may contact the office staff through the main office line (410) 489 -7667. We will return your call as soon as possible. Confessions will be held , unless conditions change, on Wednesday evening from 7:15 to 8:30 pm and on Saturday 4:00 to 4:30 pm. No more than 10 persons are allowed on the campus and must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet to help prevent Infection due to COVID 19. This limit will be strictly enforced.
Addition on the signs: Check our website at www.smpschurch.org to see our resources, contact information and live stream of Mass, prayer resources. We pray that all remain healthy as we grow together in faith hope and love.
Reverend Michael J Ruane, Pastor
- We have received word back from Bishop Adam Parker in regards to Confirmation. All Confirmations are deferred and will be rescheduled for a later date. That date has yet to be determined.
- ALL MASSES, including daily morning Mass, are cancelled until further notice. Please see the list under our resources page for live stream options or go to https://www.archbalt.org/online-mass.
- Fr. Mike will hear confessions today at 4:oo pm in the large church
- The large church will be open Saturdays for confessions and visits and on Sundays from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm for visits.
- We’ve received many questions and comments on social media regarding confirmation on Sunday, March 22nd.
- We are in consultation with Bishop Adam Parker regarding the plan for confirmation. We will communicate the decision as soon as possible.
CORONA VIRUS UPDATE: as of 3/13/20
- The Archbishop of Baltimore has dispensed all members of the faithful of the Archdiocese of Baltimore from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass, including those parishioners who are ill, or suspect they are ill with a contagious illness, or are concerned that they may become ill by attending Mass
- Weekend Masses are cancelled including Saturday evening vigil Masses on both weekends of March 14/15 and 21/22.
- St. Michael Preschool, Religious Education, CLOW and Nursery are also cancelled until March 27.
- There are live stream options for the mass to follow at home as listed at the end of this letter and at https://www.archbalt.org/online-mass/
- Confessions will be held as scheduled
- Activities at St Michael will be suspended between March 15 and March 27 as we follow the state and Howard County Public school closings policies . With the exception of the following
- Friday March 13: The Fish Dinner, Evening Prayer and Stations of the Cross will be held as planned. We will abide by the prohibition on the gathering of more than 250 people as mandated by Governor Hogan.
- ManAlive will close out their current season on Saturday March 14.
- Parish offices will remain open 10 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, or by appointment.
- In person Pastoral Visits to homes and facilities are suspended until further notice.
- If you are aware of individuals needing assistance of any type, please contact the parish office.
PREPARING FOR THE SUNDAY LITURGY.
Preparing for Sunday and Daily Reflections
The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist
Traveling? Need to find a church in your area?
Visit www.masstimes.org or call 1-800-MASSTIMES.